It’s time for you to have your say in determining the best of all that Tennessee has to offer. We invite — and urge — you to help name the winners of the 2012 Best of Tennessee Readers’ Choice Awards. This year’s “Best of Tennessee” contest divides each category into the three regions of the state.
Vote in as many or as few categories as you feel knowledgeable, but keep in mind that only ballots with 15 or more categories with at least one vote will be eligible for a drawing for entertaining Tennessee-themed prizes.
You can vote for a “Best of” up to three times in any given category. As an example, if you have a favorite state park in each region of the state — West, Middle and East — then you can vote for one in each.
Please be as specific as possible. For example, for Favorite Hiking Trail, specify the name of the trail such as the Fiery Gizzard Trail in the South Cumberland Recreation Area. Please include the town where businesses or parks are located. Generic answers will not be counted. To celebrate the uniqueness of Tennessee, please exclude national franchises and chains (restaurants, coffee shops, hotels, etc.) from your responses.
Our annual “Best of Tennessee” is a fun way to interact with our readers and honor the great aspects of our state.
[button link=”https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bestoftennessee”]Enter Online Now →[/button]
- No purchase necessary.
- One entry per person.
- Ballot must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, Aug 15, 2012.
- To be eligible for the prize drawings, ballots must have a “Best of Tennessee” vote in at least 15 categories. You may cast votes in any or all of the regions.
- Drawing to be held by Friday, Aug. 31.
- Must be 18 years old to win. Grand-prize winners will be notified by mail.
- Best of Tennessee results will be published in the October edition of The Tennessee Magazine.
- Employees of electric cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize giveaways.
Enter online for a chance to win $250
For the first time you can vote online. To encourage online balloting, we will randomly choose one entry from our online submissions to win $250.
How to enter via mail
Complete the contact information form below, cast your votes on the ballot on the next page and mail both to the address on the form below.
[button link=”http://tnelectric.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/BEST_OF_TN_2012_TECA_0712_.pdf”]Download Form →[/button]
Winners will be chosen randomly from a drawing of all entries received. Three grand-prize packages will be awarded (one each from West, Middle and East Tennessee). Remember, you must vote in at least 15 categories to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Winners will receive certificates courtesy of Tennessee State Parks for up to a four-night stay at any of the six state resort park inns. The resort parks are Fall Creek Falls, Henry Horton, Montgomery Bell, Natchez Trace, Paris Landing and Pickwick Landing. Visit www.tn.gov/environment/parks.
- Each winner will receive a basket of farm-direct and locally made artisan foods from Pick Tennessee Products, a division of the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
- The Tennessee Magazine will award $250 to each winner to spend while you’re enjoying your state park visit.