Teach kids about electrical safety
It’s never too early to teach your children about the potential dangers of electricity and how to live and play safely around it indoors and outdoors.
Here’s a suggested list of non-negotiable rules to share with your little ones:
- Keep fingers and other objects out of wall outlets.
- Dry your hands before touching or plugging in anything electrical.
- Plug only one device into each socket in an electrical outlet.
- Remove plugs from outlets by gripping the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t touch or climb on any outdoor electrical equipment in your own yard or elsewhere.
- Fly kites and drones far away from power lines.
- Stay away from trees that have electrical lines running through or near them.
- Never touch a power line that has fallen to the ground.
- Ask for help understanding safety instructions when playing with new electrical toys or using new electronics.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!