Website Duck River Electric Membership Corporation
DREMC is seeking an Electrical Engineer
Be a part of power Middle Tennessee! Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles across 16 counties in southern middle Tennessee. Our amazing team at DREMC distributes safe and reliable electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life over 82,000 members across 6,500 miles of line.
LOCATION: Shelbyville, TN (partial remote work opportunities)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Engineering
The Electrical Engineer assists the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) team with the objective of providing safe, reliable power to members at the lowest possible cost. The Electrical Engineer provides the technical skills needed for designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining reliable electric service. This position also assists the Vice President, Engineering with long-range planning, designing and commissioning electrical substations, conducting feasibility studies, and general coordination of electrical distribution projects.
1. Consistently demonstrates a behavioral pattern that supports DREMC’s 11 Essential Attributes.
2. Be able to develop system work plan recommendations and supporting technical studies involving major service projects, system improvements, conversion projects, sectionalizing and substation improvements.
3. Analyzes line extension construction costs, rate structure, and other factors affecting variable and fixed costs to determine operating margins, amortization terms, supplemental line charts, deposits, facilities rental charges, special billing demands, and monthly minimum billing provisions.
4. Reviews communications, plans, drawing and other data received from architects and/or consulting engineers relating to electrical service inquiries, and develops appropriate technical data from field investigations, surveys, calculations and other necessary activities to properly respond and comply with requested information.
5. Advises contract electricians and/or consumer/members regarding short circuit current available at the Cooperative’s supply point of delivery, when requested for large industrial and commercial jobs, other more general requests required in conformity with all relevant procedures, specifications, and applicable codes, regulations, compliance rules and standards.
6. Investigates unusual consumer complaints, circuit voltage complaints and other problems requiring technical assistance.
7. Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of the entire DREMC system. Be capable to assist in system restoration after major damage events.
8. Directs construction of substation switch structures, fencing, grading and other general site development, and coordinated/schedules related activities necessary.
9. Approves system protection and sectionalizing changes upon request of and consultation with district personnel, where deemed necessary and technically compatible for coordination with overall circuit/substation protection, subject to the approval/authorization of the VP, Engineering.
10. Develops substation relay setting change recommendation for coordinating with TVA source-side relay changes, or DREMC load-side circuit sectionalizing changes.
11. Provide support for system operations, as needed.
Education — Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) from an accredited program required. Master’s Degree in Engineering is desirable.
Experience — Minimum five (5) years’ experience in electric utility system distribution or transmission is desirable.
Certification/License, etc. – Valid Tennessee Driver’s License or ability to obtain Tennessee driver’s license prior to first day of employment. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet. Professional Engineer (PE) license is desirable.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Prefer proficient experience with typical utility functions such as project management, power system modeling and engineering analysis, distribution system design, construction, and/or operations, substation construction, testing, and/or maintenance, AMI or SCADA experience.
DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement, and hybrid/remote work schedule opportunities.
Qualified candidates should apply at www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and complete the application form to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third party recruiters. Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit www.dremc.com.