CCD 2600 – Director Duties and Liabilities
Boards are responsible for directing the affairs of the corporation. This course discusses and explains the duties of loyalty, obedience, and due care, and the need for directors to acquire the minimum knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their responsibilities within the cooperative context.
- An overview of today’s multi-billion dollar electric utility business
- The concepts and values that govern cooperatively owned businesses and related types of organizations
- Legal and regulatory concepts affecting public utilities
- Key legal documents such as articles of incorporation and bylaws
- The role of management and guidelines for maintaining an effective relationship with the CEO