BL 913.1 – Cooperative Foundations: Co-op Legacy, Principles and Impact on Community
Understanding the unique aspects of the cooperative business model better prepares directors to lead organizations with purpose, not profit, at their core. Course participants will explore the cooperative principles and define how they provide a competitive advantage for today’s co-op organizations.
- Describe the role cooperative business enterprises play in the world’s economy.
- Distinguish the cooperative business model from other business models.
- Articulate the seven cooperative principles and how those are applied in today’s electric cooperatives.
- Understand the history of electric cooperatives –how and why they were created; the challenges they have overcome through the years.
- Be able to identify future challenges facing electric co-ops and the cooperative business model