The cooperative business model provides unique advantages to electric co-ops in today’s challenging and shifting energy environment. Electric cooperatives that live their purpose and operate in accordance with the cooperative business model empower their members to improve their quality of life. This course is designed to help directors to tap into the strategic advantage of the cooperative structure through greater understanding and use of the cooperative principles and values.
It is suggested but not required that participants first take Cooperative Foundations: Co-op Legacy, Principles and Impact on Communities (913.1)
Check out the video preview.
- The meaning of a “cooperative culture” and the board’s role in shaping it
- Using a cooperative culture as a key component in your co-op’s member engagement strategy
- Moving from a monopoly mindset to a competitive one through the advantages of the cooperative structure
- How the cooperative structure can attract and retain the next generation of co-op employees and leaders
- Using the cooperative structure as a key driver of economic development in their service territory