The 2018 Accountants’ Conference will be held on April 19 – 20 at Courtyard by Marriott in Pigeon Forge.
Deadline Monday, April 1
120 Community Center Dr., Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Group Name TECA Accountants’ Conference
Room Rate Wednesday, April 18: $139/night & Thursday, April 19: $179/night
Deadline Saturday, March 18
The hotel will not accept online reservations for this event. Reservations may only be made by calling the hotel.
This year’s speakers and topics will include:
- Mike Knotts – Legislative issues; legal structure of subsidiaries considerations.
- Jim Sheffield – TVPPA – TVA rates; proposed TVA changes in hydro credit, grid access charge and strategic pricing plan.
- Heidi Lee – Jackson Thornton CPAs – Fraud detection, prevention, policies, and internal controls.
- Matt Wood – ATA – Post retirement benefits, accounting changes, FASB regulations.
- Jody Wigington – Morristown Power Systems – Setting up a broadband business
- Broadband Panel – Hear from four coops about their progress into broadband: feasibility study, customer survey, legal structure-accounting and tax impact, operational structure, positions and functions, billing, dealing with competition and negative press.
- Ben Tiernan – NRECA – R&S pension update, personal retirement considerations, 2018 tax changes.
- Round table discussion led by David Callis
- Employee Retention — changing workforce, solar projects, updates on federal grants dedicated to rural infrastructure development, and more.
- Industry overview from Ty Harrell – NRUCFC, Carl Wilson – RUS and Luke Gaines – CoBank