Website Duck River Electric Membership Corporation
BE A PART OF POWERING MIDDLE TENNESSEE!
Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles across southern middle Tennessee. Our amazing team at DREMC distributes safe and reliable electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for our members.
POSITION PURPOSE: The IT Systems Administrator provides technical support to users of the system and proactively recommends improvements. The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, modifying, and making repairs to the computer hardware and software systems to ensure business continuity.
1. Consistently demonstrates a behavioral pattern that supports DREMC’s 11 Essential Attributes.
2. Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Office products at a high level, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., across devices including but not limited to iPhone, iPad, and PC.
3. Diagnose & fix complex IT issues. Working Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software. Ability to troubleshoot and understand patterns of key subsystems such as Processor, RAM, Network, and storage.
4. Administering virtualization platforms such as VMware.
5. Monitoring systems using tools such as SolarWinds and ManageEngine.
6. Administration of role-based permissions, how to set up and maintain various operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
7. Maintaining Cisco switches and routers.
8. Diagramming computer networks using Visio and/or AutoCAD.
9. Incident management to restore service to a stable state.
10. Perform computer equipment installs or assist in the installation of hardware and peripheral components.
11. Provide overall technology planning and support services, including assisting departments in defining business and user requirements.
12. Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework and the Center for Internet Security Benchmarks.
13. Ensure IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning processes and provide a regular review for accuracy and adequacy.
14. Plan and evaluate new technology solutions in view of organizational goals and objectives.
15. Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules, and Regulations.
16. Effectively communicates with the DREMC team to ensure performed work causes minimal interruption to business.
17. Consistently models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes and How to Avoid Them.
Education — Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer science, information technology (IT), management information systems (MIS) or related field required, but five (5) years applicable experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience — Five (5) years of IT experience with at least five (5) years as a Windows System Administrator.
Certification/License, etc. — A combination of the following is preferred: 1) CCNA, MCSA or equivalent. 2) CompTIA Security+, Network+, A+. 3) Cloud certifications (Azure, O365, AWS, etc.). Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Knowledge of current trends and developments in the information technology field. Knowledge of computer platforms, local area networks (LAN), web, cloud, and mobile-based systems. Extensive background in maintaining Microsoft Cloud environments such as Azure and Office 365, and Microsoft Server products such as Exchange, Active Directory, and Group Policy. Ability to occasionally lift and carry 25-50 pounds. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, squat, push and/or pull. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines.
Reports To: IT Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
Qualified candidates should apply at www.dremc.com under careers.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit www.dremc.com.