Website C&L Electric Cooperative
The Board of Directors of C&L Electric Cooperative Corporation (C&L Electric) in Star City, AR seeks a strong leader with stellar communications and the drive to create and build relationships to become the next CEO due to an upcoming retirement. The C&L Electric Board has retained NRECA Executive Search to facilitate the search process.
About C&L Electric Cooperative
C&L Electric is a member-owned cooperative serving 22,000 consumer-members from 2 offices over 4,500 miles of distribution lines in parts of 9 counties in southeast Arkansas. C&L Electric employs 91 professionals with annual revenue of $45 million with total utility plant of $171 million. C&L Electric purchases wholesale power from Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation.
The C&L Electric CEO reports to a 9-member Board of Directors.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a progressive electric utility professional with demonstrated leadership, management and team building skills committed to cooperative values and the cooperative employees while focusing on the best interest of the members of C&L Electric.
- Ability to Lead Change and Manage Risk
- Strong focus on safety
- Relationship and teambuilding experience; Commitment to Talent Development
- Solid financial understanding and understanding of distribution cooperatives
- Integrity and Courage
- Member Focus
- Vision and Strategic Orientation
- Exceptional communication skills, both formally and informally; Ability to motivate and positively motivate others
- Results Driven
Experience and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, at least 10 years in a senior management position may be considered.
- Education or Experience in Accounting & Finance, Engineering or Business is preferred
- At least 5 years of leadership experience is required
- At least 10 years of electric utility experience, preferably with an electric cooperative, is required
- CEO experience preferred but not required
- A commitment to cooperative values will set you apart!
C&L Electric’s main office is located in Star City, AR. Star City, located about 60 minutes southeast of Little Rock, has a population of approximately 2,500 residents. With a local state park, timberland to the west and the Arkansas/Mississippi River delta to the east, there’s plenty of opportunities for camping, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting and kayaking.
Star City offers an ever-growing school system that actively strives to provide the best academics for its students. Star City School District is home of the Bulldogs and offers STEM, Robotics, EAST and JAG, as well as an elite athletic program.
Located about 25 miles south of Star City, the University of Arkansas – Monticello offers more than 25 bachelor’s degree programs. The 300-bed Jefferson Regional Hospital is about 30 miles away in Pine Bluff.
C&L Electric employees enjoy an excellent benefit package including a regular pension, 401(k) and health insurance plus a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications.
C&L Electric is an EEO employer. Race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or Local law are not taken into account in any employment decision. Learn more about us at https://www.clelectric.com
How to Apply
If interested, please apply at https://nreca.applytojob.com with the following: 1) Cover letter, 2) resume and 3) contact information for 3 professional references. Applications must be received by August 23, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Bob Matheny, NRECA Executive Search, 423-605-2626 or [email protected]
All replies are confidential.
To apply for this job please visit nreca.applytojob.com.