CCD 2610 – Understanding the Electric Business
The electric utility industry is an evolving high-tech system that must be designed and engineered to meet regulatory and consumer standards for reliability, quality and safety. This requires an appropriate investment on a planned and ongoing basis. This course provides directors with an understanding of the key components of the electric utility industry.
- The basic functions and cost components of generation, transmission and distribution
- Current and emerging technologies that are impacting utility operations and policies
- Issues related to distributed generation that the board may need to address
- How environmental issues and national policies impact the cooperative
- The board’s role to ensure a safe working environment