BL 963.1 – Strategic Technologies & their Impact on the Cooperative
This course focuses on the importance of technology planning by examining today’s emerging technologies using four questions: What will the technology do for the membership? What will it do for the business of the cooperative? Is it cost effective? How well will it integrate with existing systems? This course explores a wide variety of technologies; the role of management versus the board in technology planning and strategies to get the most out of technology investments.
- Strategic technology issues
- The new technology landscape
- Technology in the modern cooperative
- The board’s role in planning for technology
- Gaining the most from a technology investment
- Technologies and the strategic plan