TECA invites you to join us for our Communicating with Confidence Workshop on Monday, May 3 and Tuesday, May 4. Molly McPherson will lead this conversation for co-op managers and communicators. The event will begin at 10:00 a.m. CDT and conclude at 1:00 p.m. CDT each day, and the event is free for employees of TECA member systems.
This training will help co-ops facing a crisis to create the right response at the right time and deliver it in the right communication channels. By the end of the workshop, your team will leave with a better understanding of the current media landscape, your own weaknesses and a framework for a crisis response plan to help you better share information while mitigating risk. Our presenter, Molly McPherson, has more than 25 years of public relations and crisis communications expertise with FEMA and other Washington, D.C.-based organizations. She is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant and a frequent speaker for NRECA.
Who should attend:
Co-op CEOs and General Managers along with any staff members responsible for communicating or speaking on behalf of the cooperative
The workshop will help you:
- identify the threats facing your cooperative
- better communicate in a crisis
- own the issues that impact the reputation of the leadership, staff and the board of your co-op
- earn trust with your membership and the press
- determine the best strategies for dealing with national and local activist groups
- gain confidence speaking out on issues impacting the reputation of the cooperative