http://www.tnelectric.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/commkitdefault.png 150 800 Trent Scott http://www.tnelectric.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/TECA-logo-full.png Trent Scott2017-03-22 20:41:132017-03-27 18:06:09May 2017 CommKit
The following resources are available for use in May.
- Media Release – customize this and distribute to local media on or around May 1.
- Talking points – Use these tips and schedule drive-time interviews for radio stations in your service area.
Posts for May
- May 1 – May is electrical safety month. Follow these tips to stay safe. [post media release above on your website and link to it]
- May 2 – It’s planting time. Follow these tips to stay safe on the farm this season. [link to http://www.tnelectric.org/2017/03/22/stay-safe-farm-summer/]
- May 4 – Last year, [CO-OP INITIALS] employees presented electrical safety programs to more than [##] children and adults. [post photo of safety presentation or link to information on scheduling]
- May 9 – Washington Youth Tour starts a month from today. This year, [CO-OP INITIALS] will take [NUMBER] young people to Washington, D.C. [post photo from 2016]
- May 11 – On May 11, 1935, FDR created the Rural Electric Administration to help bring electricity to rural areas. [post photo of FDR]
- May 15 – [Post information and link to co-op surge protection program]
- May 17 – Remember: “H2O? Heck no!” Keep liquids far away from plugs and outlets to avoid shock hazards. #ElectricalSafetyMonth #PlugIntoSafety [Insert graphic]
- May 18 – It’s National No Dirty Dishes Day. Follow these tips for selecting efficient dishwashers and other appliances. [link: https://energy.gov/energysaver/kitchen-appliances]
- May 22 – Overloaded outlets? You’re playing with fire! Multioutlet converters are no substitute for needed electrical upgrades. #ElectricalSafetyMonth [Insert graphic]
- May 23 – Be the brightest bulb in the box. Avoid bulbs that exceed the recommended wattage for you fixture. #ElectricalSafetyMonth #PlugIntoSafety [Insert graphic]
- May 24 – Don’t dig yourself an early grave. Dial 811 to avoid hitting underground utility lines. #PlugIntoSafety #ElectricalSafetyMonth [Insert graphic]
- May 25 – Here’s one test you can’t afford to fail. Check and change smoke alarm batteries regularly. #ElectricalSafetyMonth #PlugIntoSafety [Insert graphic]
- May 29 – Happy Memorial Day! We honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. [post photo of local veteran’s memorial or flag in front of co-op office.]